Electrical Contractors, Inc. (ECI), was hired for all electrical work at this 108,000 square-foot facility, which opened in April 2007. ECI completed the wiring, data, lighting and other electrical installations over 12 months with a team of up to 32 professional electricians. Among the details of the job included wiring for:
- A massive heavy equipment lab that holds cranes, bulldozers and more
- An auto appraisal lab and engine lab
- A property lab with two full-scale furnished homes
- A full-size convenience store, complete with all mechanical systems
- Eight classrooms (complete dimming capabilities, A\V systems, video conferencing, CCTV recording to the internet, and data outlets at each desk)
- Two auditoriums (A/V and recording booths, dimming capability, and 1,100 feet of cold cathode lighting in soffits)
- VDC, MDF and IDF rooms with fiber optical network between them.
- A cafeteria with 500 feet of cold cathode lighting in soffits
The auto appraisal lab is the first insurance training facility to receive the Chief Automotive Fuzion Vehicle Repair and Sectioning System as part of the auto appraisal lab. This equipment will help teach auto appraisers how to properly read vehicle diagnostics and measure for damage, and how structural repairs on vehicles can be accomplished with precision accuracy. ECI’s electrical work was particularly detailed and crucial for this equipment.
In addition to the labs, the facility includes eight classrooms to accommodate nearly 300 students. ECI installed complete dimming capability, A\V systems capable for video and sound recording, video conferencing and CCTV recording to the internet. Additionally, ECI installed data outlets at each student desk location.
In the 400-seat auditorium (which can be divided into two smaller auditoriums), ECI completed electrical work for control booths for recording and presentations. All lighting in these rooms has dimming capability with 1,100 feet of cold cathode lighting in soffits.
ECI also installed lighting and wiring in the study rooms, a media center, reference library, in-house workshop to build and refurbish training displays, and numerous smaller-scale mock-up demonstrations to support material identification, damage reparability, and installation procedures.